- Monitor employee safety always! LOTO procedures MUST be adhered to.
- Safety meeting attendance and involvement including mill walkthroughs, ergonomic studies and general safety improvements is required.
- Responsible for providing a fire watch during regular production when the mill is down and days with no production
- Responsible for employees following all company policies and procedures
- Notify Safety manager of all accidents and assist with accident report root cause analysis
- Notify maintenance any time debarkers are leaving bark or tearing wood.
- Monitor condition of sawmill equipment and communicate using maintenance work order forms and/or directly to maintenance lead man any maintenance issues which require attention. Copy all work orders to production supervisor and maintenance manager.
- Ensure best practices so employees don’t cause undo equipment wear and tear
- Cleanliness of mill during regular production and when the mill is down for breakdowns and days with no production.
- Effective Crew management using the job schedule to maximize production.
- Constantly seek to train and improve crew skills and abilities.
- Function as a trouble shooter and production expediter lending a hand when needed and reducing downtime.
- Complete at least 2 Mill Tours per shift.
1. Report to Operations Manager.
- Lead by example.
- Patience, Not all employees process information and priorities the same way
- Provide positive feedback.
- Treat people the same way you want to be treated
- Follow production best practices.
*** PREVIOUS SUPERVISOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
Job Category: Production Laborers
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Enfield