Responsible for operating and maintaining the lumber drying facility at Enfield Sawmill. Work under the Drying Supervisor and Production manager to perform boiler and kiln operations on a 24/7 basis to dry lumber efficiently, safely, and with quality as a paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety rules, policies and procedures as established by the Company, State, and Federal Agencies.
- Operate the biomass plant and cogen plant according to manufacturer’s specifications. Operations will be in line with PRL’s Air Emission License and State Boiler Inspector’s requirements.
- Operate kilns in an efficient and safe manner, with a focus on lumber quality and effective drying to meet NELMA standards.
- Assist with managing lumber inventories in the yard.
- Assist with managing heat recovery from biochar facility and balance feedstock requirements with PRL’s biomass needs.
- Maintain boiler and electrostatic precipitator to OEM standards, while tracking and recording maintenance performed and upset conditions.
- Ensure boiler chemistry and dosing are performed to maintain optimal steam plant performance.
- Perform boiler and kiln shutdowns and routine maintenance.
- Drying team will be a crew of 4. The shift will be:
- 8 days on/6 days off
- 8 nights/6 days off
- Shifts will start and end on Wednesdays. Shift change will be 4AM/PM. Holidays are days of operation.
- During the production week, loader operators will be responsible for loading and unloading the kilns, and bucketing biomass to the boiler fuel bins. During non-production time (weekends/holidays), boiler operators/supervisor will be responsible for performing kiln changes and boiler fueling.
- Maine Stationary Steam License preferred.